Thursday, August 28, 2014

Man Killed on Jogging Trail on Heights Blvd

Man Found Dead on Houston Heights Jogging Trail

Will Houston Heights neighbors stand up and demand more lighting on trail now?

Today is a sad day for everyone here in the Houston Heights.  I jog here almost every week, and it doesn't surprise me that I would have found someone injured, but I didn't think it would be this bad.  Someone has been killed here, Police suspect foul play due to his head trauma.   

A passing jogger found the man said Sgt.Hector who is the HPD homicide investigator. The jogger happened to notice the man not breathing and stopped a patrol unit. 

I have been begging everyone to sign our petition for more lighting on the trail and general Heights blvd.,  I can barely see sometimes at 5 am and have fallen numerous times throughout the years.  I was robbed once at gun point, and guess for what? A Texans Hat...

Well love you guys, be safe out there.  

Allen J. 
Blogger and Broker 

P.S.
Message me if you want to sign the petition for more lighting 


5 comments:

  1. I saw him this morning on my way to class. So sad. I hope they find who did it! I agree the more lighting is necessary for the safety of the neighborhood. Good luck with the petition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hannah, I am going to need all the luck I can get ... lol Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heights resident here! Where do I sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, i'm trying to develop an online petition so it will be easier for everyone to sign. I tried doing it by hand, but not working very well since everyone has different schedules. Will send you guys a link soon.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Mark, i'm trying to develop an online petition so it will be easier for everyone to sign. I tried doing it by hand, but not working very well since everyone has different schedules. Will send you guys a link soon.

    ReplyDelete